The Mission of Horsemanship Dentistry
Horsemanship Dentistry use horsemanship skills and dentistry techniques developed by a Cornell educated veterinarian in 1983. Mastered at The Horsemanship Dentistry School, these certified equine dentists provide the best dentistry experience for all horses and their owners building lasting relationships through effective skills, trust, and integrity.
Horsemanship Dentistry is connecting with the horse and getting feedback from a willing partner. It is easier to work on a sedated horse, but the information we receive from un-sedated horses tells us so much more than just looking inside their mouths with a flash light. This makes Horsemanship Dentistry so much more than just “equine dentistry,” more than just “2 floats and a bucket,” more than unproven theories experimentally applied to your horse and more than a mechanical process.
Horsemanship Dentistry is …
- Connection – the reason we all live and breathe horses every day of our lives.
- Respect – to owners and managers with accurate appointment times.
- Education – of all people about dentistry and any other horse husbandry information.
- Automatic – a connection that deepens as we work with the horse.
- Thorough – addressing every edge of every tooth including the last cheek teeth.
- Effective – removing all sources of pain from within the mouth allowing unrestricted jaw and tongue movement.
- Experienced – applying working theories based on 65,000 horses floated since 1983.
- Trusted – the backing of a veterinarian trained at Cornell University’s Veterinary School.