Equine Dentistry Without Drama™
We cover the United States – Zone 4
Alaska or Hawaii.
The "Minimum Number" ExplainedWe schedule farms in a loop of travel. You can assume that we will place your appointment NO MATTER HOW MANY HORSES YOU HAVE within a loop of travel to other farms.
This will assure you of the base price per horse even if you only have one horse.
The reason for the minimum number is for those who want to schedule a unique visit outside the loop of travel – in essence an “On Demand” visit.
- The base price is $335 per horse.
- When more than 60 horses are scheduled in one visit, the price per horse will drop to $235.
- When more than 120 horses are scheduled in one visit, the price per horse will drop to $195.
- A “loop of travel” in this zone is defined as a trip added to a loop of travel to Seattle, WA plus a minimum of 15 horses located in barns within 1 hour of each other. All farms located beyond 1 hour require another 15 horses minimum.
- There is no billing for work. A 50% non-refundable deposit is made before booking travel and the balance is due at the time of service.
- The Pre-Payment Program is available.
- If the farms require additional travel expense (if they are on different islands or require additional air fare from the main terminal), then there will be additional travel costs.
- There are NO group or volume discounts.
- Additional cost may occur including medication and special procedures.
- If you have an emergency, call your local veterinarian. Travel and cost logistics make emergency service impossible; however, we should be available for telephone consultation.
- Your licensed vet must be present and agree to be responsible for the work IN WRITING.
- You are responsible for any fees the attending host vet requires.
- As demand grows, I am willing to become licensed in these states.
- The long term goal is to interest your vet in Horsemanship Dentistry™ and turn the work over to him or her.
- If the host vet does not appear when I come to do the work, I will not perform it. However, all travel fees plus $60 per horse scheduled for my time OR the total will be due.
We would love the opportunity to give a demonstration or clinic to showcase this style of equine dentistry. Click the menu button to the right (or below in a mobile device) for more information.
- Call 888-Horzvet (888-467-9838). Just say that you want to use the no interest pre-payment program. Determine how many months you want to split the total cost into and we will set you up.
- That’s it!!
Example -Let’s say you have 10 horses and assume the minimum of 15 total horses booked. That’s $335 times 10 = $3350. Say you want to make 6 payments, give a credit card, and you will be billed monthly for $558.34 starting with the first payment on the day you call. 5 months later, you will be paid in full in time for your 6 month appointment.
This can also apply to the $2000 non-refundable booking fee for Zone 4
- If there is any additional costs, or if you add a horse, you pay that at the time of service just like you do now.
- If you no longer have a horse, you can leave your balance as a credit or we can refund it to your card. However, the minimum of 10 horses is non-refundable.
- This is a very simple and automatic option that spreads out your costs without costing you interest or worry that you can’t get your horse’s teeth done.
- Remember, you can design your own prepayment plan to make this part of your life easier.
- Call today to set it up. Or when we see you, tell us you want to start for the next visit.
- About 10 horses in every 100 (10%) needs medication to remove oral pain. This can include extractions or ulcers with a low threshold to pain.
- There are about 2 to 3 horses per 100 (2 to 3%) that also require medication to remove fear.
- The medications used are potent pain removers (analgesics) and anxiety relievers, not just a mind numbing sedative.
Procedures other than floating cost extra:
- wolf tooth extraction
- cap removal
- extraction of fractured teeth
- removal of cap remnants
- extraction of diseased or end stage teeth
- reduction of over-erupted teeth
Veterinary and hosting fees are extra:
- You are responsible for all other charges assessed by another veterinarian in states where I am not licensed and their presence is required by law.
- You are responsible for any fees charged by the hosting barn.
- Only IRS registered non-profit organizations are eligible.
- The base cost is $290 per horse in Zone 4
- The Pre-Payment Program is available.
- There is no minimum number of horses per farm to schedule provided there are a minimum of 15 for profit or 20 non-profit horses combined in the area.
- How soon we can come to your farm is dependent on the number of people requesting work in your area.
- Additional cost may occur including medication, special procedures or for travel large distances or to other islands. These are at full price.
- There is no billing for work. All costs are due at the time of service.
- There is a non-refundable booking fee of $2000
- Any fees the host vet charges for work is between the horse owners and the veterinarian.