Things to look for
- The inconsistencies while looking at just one identifying mark.
- The relaxed space between the incisors in many of the horses.
- The position of the tongue behind the incisors – how it is seen in between the relaxed space.
- The occlusal angle becomes more irregular as the horse ages, but only some of them with the majority remaining straight across.
- Every irregular occlusal angle is different and unique.
Click on the first image to enlarge it and to see the age of the horse. Scroll through the images using your keyboard arrow keys, swiping on your touch screen or by clicking or tapping the arrows on the screen to the left or right of the image.